My name is Statement: I Would Not Serve in the Egyptian Army and I Bear the Consequences...
I can accept that I would be forced to lose my freedom, but I’m not ready to give it up with my own free will.
Last Monday, 18th of October, I was informed with the final decision by the Egyptian Military Institution to nominate me as a reserve officer for the armed forces. It is supposed that I deliver myself to the recruitment area to where I am included, On next Friday (22nd of October, 2010), to be transferred to the College of Reserve Officers at Fayed ( Ismailia ), to start a compulsory military service for 3 years.
- 02 Nov 2011 - Imprisoned pacifist blogger Maikel Nabil Sanad
- 24 Jun 2011 - Postcard to Maikel Nabil Sanad
- 29 Mar 2011 - Trial of conscientious objector Maikel Nabil Sanad
- 04 Feb 2011 - Arrest of Maikel Nabil Sanad by military police
- 14 Nov 2010 - Arrest of conscientious objector Maikel Nabil Sanad
- 21 Oct 2010 - Conscientious Objector Maikel Nabil Sanad