War Resisters' International (WRI) works for a world without war. We are a global pacifist and antimilitarist network with over 90 affiliated groups in 40 countries. We remain committed to our 1921 founding declaration that
'War is a crime against humanity. I am therefore determined not to support any kind of war, and to strive for the removal of all causes of war'.
All wars, including wars of 'liberation' and 'humanitarian military intervention' are used to serve some power political or economic interest. All war leads to suffering, destruction, and new structures of domination.
What we do
WRI is primarily a network of organisations, groups and individuals. We facilitate mutual support, by
- Linking people together through publications, events and actions
- Initiating nonviolent campaigns that actively involve local groups and individuals
- Supporting those who oppose war and who challenge its causes
- Promoting and educating people about pacifism and nonviolence
From the WRI office in London, we run three programmes of work that are important to the network. They are The Right to Refuse to Kill Programme, the Nonviolence Programme, and Countering the Militarisation of Youth.
Do you share our vision of a world without war?
- Are you part of a pacifist or antimilitarist group and would like to affiliate to WRI? Get in touch!
- Can you help with translation? Contact us!
- Sign up for email updates here.
War Resisters' International relies on your support. To support our work with regular donation, visit: http://www.wri-irg.org/donate-en.htm
The history of WRI
War Resisters’ International’s archives are held at the Institute for Social History, Amsterdam. You can search them here. Another good place to find out about the history of WRI is our book War is a Crime against Humanity: The Story of The War Resisters' International.
WRI occasionally makes statements in support of nonviolent resistance around the world. Find them here.