The War Resisters' International network gathers once a year, to discuss the work of the network and make plans for the future. This year's WRI Council meeting will take place in London in September, coinciding with DSEI - Defence & Security Equipment International - the biggest arms fair in the world. We will take part in actions before and after Council to disrupt the fair.
The fair itself runs from Tuesday 12th to Friday 15th, but a large coalition of groups are mobilising to disrupt the fair before it even begins.
The schedule for our events is as follows:
- Friday 8th September: arrivals and preparation for Saturday's action
- Saturday 9th: join the big day of action with Stop the Arms Fair
- Sunday 10th: a public event on international militarism and the arms trade
- Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th: Council meeting
- Wednesday 13th to Friday 15th: Actions continue as the arms dealers do business!
Keep checking the event page for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be kept up to date.
We're planning the events with Campaign Against Arms Trade, the Fellowship of Reconciliation, the Peace Pledge Union, and Trident Ploughshares - some of our UK-based affiliates.